Virtuosos on demand
We take risk management responsibilities off your plate — and put them in the hands of our maestros.
Here’s another, flexible way to tap into our risk management brain trust: Deploy members of our prodigious team of specialists to tackle the functions you need help with, or to run your entire risk management department.
Whether you need a single pro or a platoon, you can be sure we’ll never stick you with second-stringers plucked from a dusty rolodex. Our subject matter experts are hand-picked for their excellence and steeped in our processes and culture.
Here’s a partial list of the work our virtuosos can take on for you:
- Determine where your people and property are at risk
- Make sure you’ve adequately addressed the risks you’ve got
- Figure out how much money you should be spending to manage your risks, and how you should be spending it
- Ensure you have the best possible terms and conditions
- Decide whether to stick with the carriers you have or make a change
- Identify areas in which you may be out of compliance with the law, regulation, or your own policies
- Deal with remediation of mold, lead, asbestos, and other potentially unsafe materials
- Conduct inspections to determine if you’re exposing employees, visitors, and assets to unnecessary hazards
- Train your people on topics like blood-borne pathogens and fleet maintenance
- Audit your claims to make sure they’re being handled properly
- Find a third-party administrator and oversee their work
- Evaluate your risk management information system needs, and identify solutions
- Help with difficult claims, or on whole categories of claims
- Make sure your broker and other vendors are serving you well
- Conduct best practices research to ensure that your programs and policies are as good as they can be
- Set, and achieve, annual goals for your risk management program
- Keep you apprised of important legislative and regulatory developments
- Put together a comprehensive risk management program budget
- Establish performance measures and targets for your program, and produce regular progress reports
driving big savings
A regional transportation agency outsourced its risk management services to Ashton Tiffany. Each year they paid us approximately $40,000, based on an hourly billing arrangement. In doing so, they gained access to the risk management resources of an entire company rather than a single employee. They also enjoyed the flexibility of an hourly billing arrangement, so they could expand and contract work effort as needed. How much would it have cost the agency to provide these services in-house, including salary and benefits? Easily over $100,000.
maximizing broker value and performance
Our client was less than thrilled with its broker’s performance. We reviewed the existing broker service agreement — which was commission-based — and recommended new, more favorable terms. The revised contract cut our client’s costs from $225,000 to $180,000. It also resulted in a much-improved level of service.
Later, we conducted a broker RFP for the same client. We short-listed brokerage firms with local and national expertise that we knew would fit the client’s needs. We then facilitated meetings between the client and prospective brokers. This process helped our client team up with a broker who has delivered superb results for over five years.